Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sorry about the last post. I deleted it. I got an iphone and downloaded an app that was supposed to post pics straight to blogger. Apparently I have to get Picasa or something...I'll be workin on that. Then I will actually blog a little more.

The wedding is over now. It was more perfect that I could have hoped for. I'm in love with our ceremony. I didn't want a videographer cause I just knew everything was gonna fall apart. I mean Leah even called on her way up to the rehearsal dinner to ask the name of the song she was playing, so she could learn it. lol. We took a chance and used non-traditional music. It was perfect! Leah said out of the 14 weddings she's been involved in, we had the coolest music. That was probably the best compliment I received. Not only cause it came from an awesome rock star like her, but because music means alot to me. Why do you think I love Nashville?? And NO, I don't mean country music! lol! 

So I'm married now. Weird, huh.
Actually, ya know, it's not weird at all. Everyone kept telling me married life is such a big adjustment. It really wasn't at all. It feels completely natural. I guess it helps that I have an amazing husband. I'm really not sure how I made it without seeing him everyday before. Actually as I type this he is in Birmingham for his job....that's why I have a little computer time! And I miss him, ALOT! He's got a pretty sweet deal now. He gets to work from home. I'm overcome with jealousy. But luckily I like my job. 
So about my job...I got a call a few weeks before I was leaving the firm for an interview with HCA. In college we had to do some lame assignment about a dream job with a Fortune 100 company. I picked to be a CFO of HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) in Nashville. So after learning about the company, I decided to apply for a position there. I got a job with the firm in Huntsville and never thought much about it.  Well apparently my application was generated in the system a year and half later...perfect! I interviewed for an accountant position with the Imaging and Oncology Division. On my last day at the firm, I got a job offer. How perfect was that? I had three weeks off to finish wedding stuff, go on the honeymoon (which was amazing!!) and the last week to get things together here in Nashville. Then back to work! On my second day of work I flew to New Orleans. Talk about getting to know your new co-workers! God is so faithful. He is too good to me. He is my faithful provider.

Ummm not sure what else to write about....I'm currently watching Shawn Johnson win the gold medal. Olympics are my favorite! Why can't we have them every year???

Things I'm looking forward to:
August 23 - Celebrating Jason's 24th birthday with both sets of parents and siblings at the river!
August 24 - Jason proposed a year ago.
August 30 - My sweet little sister turns 17, more celebrating at the river!
September 1 - Labor Day! I don't have to work!!!!
September 15 - OAR and Matt Wertz @ The Ryman....5th row tickets! heck yeah!
September 20 - My bestest cousin gets married and I get my first go run as bridesmaid.
September 26-28 - Big Spring Jam
October 5 - Auburn @ Vandy. War Eagle!! 

2 comments:

megan stout said...

oh how i miss lindsey!
i was wathing shawn johnson win the gold on the beam as well last night! oh craziness.
love you lindsey!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey,

Congrats on your recent wedding & your job @ HCA! I work as a Nurse Sourcer for the same company in Florida & am delighted to read about your positive comments about us! Wishing you much success with you career! Feel free to browse my blog as if you like: http://nursesourcer.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Julie