Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Things Are Sweeter in Tennessee

Well as the brilliant Billy Madison once sang:
"Back to school. Back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight. Ohhhh, back to school. Back to school. Back to school. Well, here goes nothing."

Yep, it's that time of year again. I just got out of my auditing class. I dont think it's gonna be bad as I was expecting. Business Policy tomorrow may be a different story though. I have a really good schedule as far as having to attend class. There's only 3 I have to go to, and then I am taking 2 online.

Last weekend I got to visit Jason in Nashville! You see, I love Megan so much that I took her to catch her flight to Michigan from Nashville. So, I stayed in Nashville til Sunday when she got back. How convenient. :) Jason and I had alot of fun. Friday I met him downtown for lunch, and then I went shopping while he went back to work. I helped my mom out by buying me alot of stuff for Christmas. How nice of me. ;) Friday night, we ate at Demo's downtown. I've tried to eat their several times before, but the wait has always been too long. This time it was fine. It was sooo good! Who knew spaghetti and steak were such a good combination? We walked around downtown for a bit then we went to the Opryland Hotel. We walked around all the gardens until our feet hurt so bad I could barely make it back to the car. Saturday we went shopping at the mall in Green Hills. This mall is super nice, it has a Louis Vuitton and Betsey Johnson and all kinds of cool stores I can't afford. Needless to say, we did alot more looking than we did shopping. Saturday night we cooked dinner at Jason's then we went to Centennial Park. Every Saturday night in the summer, they have a band and people can come ballroom dance in the park. We had so much fun! We missed the lesson beforehand, but luckily we took ballroom dancing lessons last spring, so we still kinda knew what we were doing. We weren't half bad!! We got to do swing, rhumba, waltz, and salsa...because we already knew those. We even attempted the polka!! That was quite funny!! After that we walked around the Parthenon and headed back downtown. We went to a karaoke place for awhile, it was alright. Then we went to Coyote Ugly. We all loved that movie in high school, so you know I had to check it out! It was fun, but not as exciting as the movie. Sunday I picked Megan up at the airport and headed back to Flo.

This week we've tried to hit up some Welcome Week activities. It's just not that exciting anymore. I guess cause I'm leaving in December, I dont want to make the effort and get attached to new people. Is that sad? Probably so. Oh well, I'm off to spend a small fortune on books and make the hike back to my car that is parked a mile away. Gotta love the first day of school!!

2 comments:

michellemitch said...

I never knew Nashville was so exciting... ballroom dancing, it almost sounds romantic :)

megan stout said...

yay thanks for taking me linds!