Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Spittin That Booty Chedda

Well Megan is definately outdoing me on the updates. I dont have much to update on...right now I'm sitting here waiting for "So You Think You Can Dance" to come on. My Wednesday and Thursday nights definately revolve around this show. This week is Handy Fest - the only time Florence comes alive. I think that should be their motto. We went and saw Leigh dance with her hip-hop class. It was pretty hot (the dance, not the temperature, although it was extremely hot that night too)! There was a group from Huntsville's Boys and Girls Club that danced too. They were awesome! I could've watched them ALL night. H-town representin' at it's finest. haha Last night we went and saw 17th Floor at Texas Roadhouse. They had a street party. 17th Floor is always a good time! Later tonight Naomi and I might try to catch Gary Nichols at Sidepockets. Then tomorrow night is Ugli Stick at Big Ed's. Megan, if you were here, we could go hear "Off The Chain", haha, remember when we all went to the westside last year to find them and then left cause we were definately, ummm...out of place.

Justin Timberlake's new song is out now. I must say I had set my expectations too high. It's okay, it'll still be fun to dance to. The more I hear it, the more I like it. His voice is all digital sounding and stuff. His voice is too good to be messing it up like that.

The sermon at church on Sunday was really good. It made me realize how selfish I am. I'm always so concerned about my own problems and whether or not I'm in God's will, and all the usual - good stuff to be focused on of course....but I forget about everyone else. So God really opened my eyes and pointed out people in my life, even that I associate with everyday, that I should be ministering to, and showing His love to. I'm gonna work on that.

ohhh. I finally saw "Dead Man's Chest". Probably not as good as the first, but I'm no movie guru (let's face it, I'm doing real good to stay awake through any movie, so if I manage to stay awake, it's good). It was entertaining enough. It's not as good as "Superman Returns" though. I loved that movie! I also saw "Madea's Family Reunion". It was so funny. Anything by Tyler Perry is hilarious! He has a book out now that I think I'm gonna buy. Well, Rick's and "So You Think You Can Dance" are callin my name. Holla atcha girl!

1 comment:

megan stout said...

awww lindsey handy week is fun! it sounds like youre staying busy ;) see ya soon shawty!
p.s. i dont know what we are going to write about when i get back...!! oh well. our faithful readers will just have to survive (since thats only me and you we'll talk it through ;)