Tuesday, June 13, 2006

This could be a long one...

Well there are 3 more days of camp left. So far, so good. My third grade class is great, and I've been having no problem filling the 85 minutes up. My track time has been cool too. Every kid comes through so I get to know every kid at camp. I think it's safe to say that we now have the task of making sugar cookies down to a fine art. This week on the menu for our cafe is: snowflake tortillas (kinda like sophapillas), and snow cream! Last week was lots of fun. We went tubing with the coolest 73 year old man in the world!! He threw me off the tube twice. We went in the bay so that was cool and scary. We got to see sooooo many dolphins. One of the girls here, Maegan, got to touch one! Then he took us out to eat at DeSotos. We ran into one of our other partners (Stephanie) from last year at Wal-mart. It was so random but very exciting! She's the only one that didn't get to come back down this summer, except for Amy Yopp (she is in India). Heath Butler was in town for a few days. He went out to eat with all of us one night, and we got some hot-tubbing and some pool time in at his condo. So that was great! Saturday the music minister, Bro. Paul, had us all over for some awesome food and more boating. I got to show out a little on the kneeboard and ride in quite possibly the nicest pontoon boat I've ever been on (it had a little room that pops up in the back that you could change clothes in!). Jeremiah Castille preached at church on Sunday. He played football for Alabama under Bear Bryant and then played professionally, and is now the chaplain for Alabama's football team. Wow, he was amazing, and so hilarious! Megan you would have loved him, he talks just like Brian Fellows!! I could not quit laughing! Last night a man from the church took all 25 of us out to eat at the Shrimp Basket. This church is so welcoming and encouraging. I love it here. I've never felt so much a part of a church body. There is constantly someone offering their pool, boat, food, etc. to us. I get like a million thank yous a day for being here. So many people have offered to find me accounting jobs so I can move down here when I graduate. That would rock so hard! Oh and Bro. Eddy is down here vacationing too. We got a second to go by and see him today. I love that man, oh how I will miss him and his crazy self. This whole post is totally stream of conciousness, so I apoligize if it doesn't make sense. I am in a hurry. You see, today we were informed that we will have no free time until Saturday (the day we are leaving!). Me, Lauren, Laura and Stephanie are now in charge of cooking for 300 people for family night tomorrow night!! We are just boiling hot dogs, so its not a huge deal. But we have to cook, serve and be available in our classrooms to meet all the families, all at the same time. I haven't figured out how that's going to work yet. So today during our few moments of free time we had to go shopping for all the food we have to prepare tomorrow. Then we had dinner, right now all the summer missionaries are in a meeting, then we have bible studay at 9, and then we have a new curfew (as of today) that is 10:45. It kinda sucks that this is how our last few days are going to be spent. There's so much we haven't gotten to do yet!! We are not even going to be able to go to the beach again. I haven't eaten at the Oyster House yet either. Oh but be sure to keep two of my kids in your prayers. Their names are Breanna and Bonner. Both of them decided they wanted to accept Christ this week. I'm still talking with them and making sure they realize what they are doing, and that it's the right time. I want to make sure the spirit is calling them, and they aren't just doing it because it's a good idea, or because their other friends are doing it. I dont want it to be a decision that they question the validity of on down the road. I know that there is so much more that I'm forgetting. I will probably update soon with everything I forgot to mention, but that's all I got time for now. Hope this one didn't bore everyone too much! :)

1 comment:

megan stout said...

lindseyyyyy! what an awesome time you are having there! im so happy for you and lauren! God is using you guys in great ways! :) and you got to hear a guy that sounds like brian fellows!! thats craZY! haha
miss ya!